St. Louis APBT Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
St. Louis APBT Club

A forum for those interested in interacting with other American Pit Bull Terrier owners and enthusiasts in the St. Louis, MO area and nearby.

Hello Everyone!

Chaos

Female
    Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2010-03-25

Hello Everyone! Empty Hello Everyone!

Post by Chaos Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:04 pm

Hi, my name is Cristy, I am 27 married with kids. I own Chaos, a four year old APBT and I've had her since she was 7weeks old. I got her from a BYB before I knew what that was. Luckly my dog has been very healthy, but I have seen first hand the reprocusions of bad breeding, and neglected animals. I live in a city (close to downtown St. Louis) that has had laws in the past banning the PitBull breed or mix because of uneducated assumptions. I also see alot of people in my area that ask me about "PitBull puppies" when they see me walk my dog and I like to tell them about the puppies I see at the animal shelters, mostly pitbulls that need someone to rescue them. I also have a 1year old Shepard mixed breed that is a rescue, his name is Cash. And we have a 5year old cat named Pickel (my daughter named it).
    I love to find dog training info and health/nutrition facts and general APBT info on the internet. I have trained my dogs with basic commands, but Chaos has some dog aggressions issues. I am always open for suggestions on how to correct this behavior, or different training techniques. She gets along great with our other dog and our cat. She loves most people, but she can be fearful at times. I plan on working with her more now that the weather is warming up.
    Before I found this site I used to be a member of the Gateway American Pit Bull Terrier Club. It was a fourm much like this one, where you could go to ask questions or talk to others about the breed. It has been a few months since I had been there but apparently they shut the board down. So I look forward to being a member and talking to others in this forum who own the breed and being able to ask questions when I can't find the answer or just need someones opinion.
    I would like to promote Fighting laws banning our breed, educating the public about rescuing dogs in need, helping out with rescues in our area that support American Pit Bull Terriers.
    Thank you for having me here, Cristy. Hello Everyone! Icon_cool

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:50 am